Welcome to Portmore Missionary church! It’s a delight to have you visit us through this medium, to learn more about our church and the ministries to which God has entrusted to us. We are privileged for the opportunity afforded to us, to extend to the world the unconditional love of God. It is our desire to inspire and encourage you in your daily walk with the Lord. It is hoped that in partnership with God, we will become a united body always reaching up to God in prayer, reaching out to others who are in need of Him and developing a life of Faith that pleases Him.
Welcome to everyone! Hit our website often and let’s keep connected as we keep the faith and together witness of the love of God across the world.
Spencer Emanuel Colquhoun (Pastor)
Our church was founded in the 1970s by the Missionary Church Association of Jamaica during its search for an outreach in the Portmore area of St. Catherine. We later started the Portmore Missionary Preparatory School, among other ministries.
With each challenge we have encountered, we became stronger in our faith. We provide links that offer more detail on our church history or particular events in our past. We invite you to become a part of the church today and a piece of its history tomorrow.
Covenant of Membership
Having been led to repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ our saviour, we do now in the presence of God and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into this covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
- We covenant, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to join in mutual labours for the Kingdom of Christ; to strive loyally for the advancement of this church in holiness, knowledge, and love, to promote its prosperity and spirituality to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines.
- We covenant to contribute cheerfully and regularly, as God prospers us, to the support of this church and its worldwide ministries.
- We covenant to maintain private devotions and family devotions where possible; to endeavour to bring early to a saving knowledge of Christ all over whom we have the care and influence; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings and faithful in our engagements.
- We covenant further to watch over one another in brotherly love, to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense and always ready for reconciliation.
- We covenant to witness faithfully to the saving and keeping power of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ so that in every way we may bring lost men and women to a saving knowledge of Him.